Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 7 keeps crashing, freezing, black screen?

10K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Firebreather 
#1 ·
Hi there. Recently my computer has been crashing an awful lot. I am just doing a task and, usually if it does, it will cut to black. The computer doesn't make any noise and I have to restart it. Sometimes it will freeze on the screen, once it actually cut to a completely white screen.

I always thought this was because I was using Google Chrome, it always seemed to be whilst that was loaded. However now its happening without that. Also, Firefox has become completely disabled, I click on the icon and nothing happens.

So, I have no idea why this is happening! It's very worrying as I am starting a new year at college next week. I have run several anti-virus checks, SpyBot checks, that sort of thing.

Please help! You might just save my life :/

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1660, x64 Family 15 Model 127 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 3071 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4350, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 418970 MB, Free - 130557 MB; D: Total - 15359 MB, Free - 9266 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0F896N, A02, ..CN7360497101KG.
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled

See less See more
#4 ·
If the event viewer does not show much I would also look into updating drivers on your hardware pieces. Go to the manufacturer's site and check for driver updates. If you reinstalled the OS this would not update drivers that could be out of date.

#5 ·
Thankyou very much for your help, I had a look at event viewer, and it seemed like everytime my computer crashed, the following would happen:

Driver prosync1.sys has been blocked from loading. (Application Popup)
Driver prohlp02.sys has been blocked from loading. (Application Popup)
Driver sfhlp01.sys has been blocked from loading. (Application Popup)
Driver prodrv06.sys has been blocked from loading. (Application Popup)

then it goes on to say

Kernel-power - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

about 6 seconds after the first 4 logs. Could this be the problem?

#9 ·
Ok. Update. I uninstalled Starforce, this unfortunately didn't help. Nothing came up on Event Viewer (apart from Starforce).

Basically, the screen goes a certain colour then freezes, or it starts going incredibly slowly then freezes. It ALWAYS makes a whirring noise for about 2 seconds, which coming from the middle of the computer.

Firefox doesn't work anymore, and today my cursor oversized big time for some inexplicable reason. Cheers for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.