1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 keeps rebooting

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by batmanforever, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batmanforever

batmanforever Thread Starter

Jan 3, 2011

Windows 7 keeps rebooting on it's own without the blue screen of death. It started when I started my computer this morning. I tried to watch Dexter using the Divx codec which then crashed Google Chrome which also ended up crashing my computer and rebooting it. I downloaded Divx yesterday.

I tried it again, it happened each time. So I uninstalled Divx, Google Chrome and Firefox using Revo, got rid of temp. files using CCleaner, cleaned the registry with CCleaner, ran virus scans, using malwarebyes, trojan remover, spyware terminator all in safe mode.

Got out of safe mode and it still continues to reboot.

I then ran a HiJack this scan, haven't seen anything suspcious.

It just recently rebooted while in Safe Mode.

I don't know what else to do besides reinstall Windows 7 or upgrade the Bios.

My next move is to sit and see if it will reboot again while it's disconnected from the power supply.

I need help, anyway to fix this
  2. Megabite

Apr 5, 2008
    Try reinstalling your Video card driver......or use System Restore to a date when it was working
  3. Iceblade7

Dec 23, 2005
    Remember Windows 7 has this wonderful feature called "restore point" which will restore your system to an older time when it was stable. This actually works well, (works well in Vista to) and can restore your system to a previously working state. You should be able to get to it from safe mode and restore your system to a point previous to you installing Divx.
    All Programs
    System Tools
    System Restore
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972376