Windows 7 keeps rebooting.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Devika

I did a system restore yester and now my computer keeps rebooting itself and won't even go to the login screen.. I started in Safe Mode and did nothing, same result - Keeps rebooting. I get an error message saying "Floppy diskette error" I have a HP W2338H with windows 7. Desperately need help.

Howdy,

Go into bios and set the CdRom first and Hard drive second in boot order..save and exit.....also does this PC have a floppy?

This can also happen if the PC cannot find the Hard drive with the operating system on it.

Devika

Message =Windows faild to start. a recent software or hardware change might be the cause.

Devika

THe only thing that I can think of is that my daughter uploaded some songs to her MP3 player and she unhooked it after she was done.

In bios does it mention a floopy disk and is it disabled?

See also if there is a default setting you can use

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online