1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Laptop | HELP

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TheDenzil95, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDenzil95

TheDenzil95 Thread Starter

I recently purchased a new laptop and I was going through the process of removing all the software and programs that come with the computer that you don't need. E.g. The laptop in question is an Acer Aspire and it come with the Acer Gamezone so I removed needless applications off. I also uninstalled the pre-installed McAffe Security Suite and I uninstalled all these programs with Revo Uninstaller. I then installed Microsoft Office 2007 and installed about 150-80 updates for the computer after that from the Windows Update.

Everything was fine and my laptop worked. It could connect to the internet and and run normally. I then decided to update my drivers using Driver Genius Professional Pro 10, which I have used on various other machines and has run perfectly however this time was no the case. I ran Driver Genius and it gave me the option to download and install the driver updates, as usual I did however when I tried to backup my drivers, with the same program, it said it couldn't make a backup. I didn't see this as critical because I've used this software hundreds of times and I have never had to use a backup, so I ignored it.

It installed driver updates for the wireless built-in adapter and Realtek HD Sound with no problems (I did not restart after each one I restarted the machine after they were all installed). Before I continue any further here are the specs of the laptop:

Acer Aspire 5552
    AMD Athlon II X2 processor P320
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
    4 GB DDR3 Memory
    500 GB HDD

I know that these specs are poor however I cannot give anymore as this is one of my problems. After restarting I could no longer connect to the internet/home network and some options it does not allow my to open. E.g. I click in Change UAC Control Settings and nothing happens and there are many other links I cannot open, too many to list. When I try to view the system information it says: Can't Collect Information: Cannot access Windows Management Instrumentation software. Windows Management may be moving or missing. If I try and view this information in the Command Prompt it says: ERROR: The remote system must be running Windows 2000 or above. This is why I cannot give you better specs. My system will also not allow me to change firewall settings, turn my AVG on or anything like that.

I know that this a obvious driver software problem and I cannot undo them and I cannot use system restore. When I open system restore it says: System Restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on this system. A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error. Check the Application event log for more information. (0x80042302)

I don't know what else to do here. I NEED your help.
    Thank you for any replies.

2. D-Berd

D-Berd

Try this first. Hook the pc up to the internet via the ethernet cable and try to do a windows update. Then go into device manager and see if there are any problems associated with hardware.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice