1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 laptop to projector issue..

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kinny999, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kinny999

kinny999 Thread Starter

Morning all and apologies for making my first post a plea for help....

i'll try and keep it concise but apologies again if this turns into an essay.

I'm trying to display my laptop through a projector i recently acquired and just about everything I've tried and after buying two cables i thought would do the job failed ive decided to admit defeat as a man and ask for help.

My laptop is a Samsung R53 on Windows 7premium as far as im aware.

The projector is a Panasonic PT-AE100 as seen here >>>> http://www.projectorcentral.com/Panasonic-PT-AE100.htm

And on the rear it looks like this >>>> [​IMG]

It works so that's not the issue as I've had it running from the TV on a HDMI to component cable connection, and also from the Xbox on the same cable, similarly I've managed to have it stream content from my laptop via the xbox using the HDMI to component cables once more.

The issue im having is getting it to just straight display the laptop be it by using the HDMI to component cable or via a HDMI to VGA cable i bought when the HDMI route didn't work.

I've tried every combination of Display mode on the laptop in conjunction with every imput channel on the projector but it flat out refuses to show anything, not even a brief flicker or signal, just blank default screen, also the laptop doesn't "find" the projector like it would via a sole HDMI link but given the projector is some 7+ years old this doesn't surprise me and leads me to believe this may be my problem??

Should i maybe try VGA to VGA with an extra cable for Audio? This would be my next step but after buying 2 cables that dont work already i thought i'd check first this time eh ;)

Apologies again for the first post begging for help and general length of this post but if any kind sole can suggest something or just laugh at a simple step I've missed i'd be most appreciative.

2. kinny999

kinny999 Thread Starter

Also apologies if this is in the wrong sub-forum , sorry if it is!!!

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Try the VGA to VGA, with the separate Audio. It should work. You may have to use an fn+Fkey combo to get the display out.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    After you connect one of those cables and go to the Screen Resolution window (right click an empty spot on the desktop to see this option) can you detect/identify the projector but not display, or does Windows not even realize there is something there? If the former try setting the resolution to whatever the projector supports.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028461

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice