Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joemga

Hi everyone.

This past weekend I went out of town and took my Windows 7 laptop with me -- since I returned home, it has been unable to connect to my wireless network. Other devices in my home connect to the network just fine, and the problem laptop has always been fine until now. My network card is an Atheros AR9285, and I'm attempting to connect to a Medialink router with WPA password protection and AES encryption.

My wireless network icon in the task bar has a yellow sign with an exclamation point in it. It says "No Internet access."

I have tried:

-rebooting the computer
-unplugging and restarting the modem and router
-going to the command prompt and renewing my IP address with the command IPCONFIG/RENEW

None of this works.

Like I said, all other devices in my house connect to the wireless network with no problem. It's just this one laptop. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
Three things to try ...

If you have McAfee please see the sticky thread at the top of this (Networking) forum.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

Revert to a System Restore Point before the weekend.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online