1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 7 mail gmail

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pete44, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pete44

pete44 Thread Starter

Tried to use my g account in windows 7 transferred to set up now all my old g mail is coming over a massive amount ...Can I correct this ? or can I delete all and start again???

2. Hughv

Hughv

Transferred to set up what?
    Are you downloading your Gmail account, or using offline sync?
    What email client?

3. pete44

pete44 Thread Starter

Hughv thanks for the reply, first non tech here. I got another computer with win7 64bit and loaded windows live mail to receive mail ( which seems like a bad decision now as maybe outlook would be more suited for work?) have foxfire with gmail on other and wanted to run it on win7 too. Now I seem to have it located on win live but can not use it to send mail using G it only receives it from G-mail.Is there a fix ? or would it be better to delete Live and use Outlook...thanks for your time

4. Hughv

Hughv

If you're using exchange, Outlook is probably better.
    Why do you want to download Gmail to Windows Live?
    The Gmail interface is easy to use and requires no set up at all.

5. pete44

pete44 Thread Starter

How true . The reason is on win 7 it has media player installed my other cu is running foxfire (gmail) and all the patches I have used to run it ext/plugs all I get is a blank screen with audio only. As I need to use media as clients use it to send me stuff. I was hoping in those situations I could download it on the win7 cu...now it has me so mixed up I feel like a deer in the headlights...just want it easy and seemless..again thanks for the reply

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Installing an e-mail client will have no effect on the ability to play media files people e-mail you.

7. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I have always wondered why people still prefer to pull their email down to their PC. I love the GMAIL interface. Grouping emails together has been a life saver for me. Creating Filters and labels is also a great feature. Setting up certain email to forward to my wife or my work email address is also awesome.

8. pete44

pete44 Thread Starter

yes the email client has no effect but as foxfire uses plugs and ext to work media have still left it without video I was going to download them on the win7 to run the video from there...seems like the best solution for a non tech (me) is to delete win live and see if I can get gmail into win7??

9. Hughv

Hughv

What Double-helix said.
    Get VLC.

10. pete44

pete44 Thread Starter

Get VCL ?....thanks to you all for the responces

11. Hughv

Hughv

12. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You can download a video attachment from an e-mail message in Gmail without going through the whole process of setting up an e-mail client program and downloading all your e-mail. That simply won't resolve anything. You need a program capable of viewing the videos. It's as simple as that.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/904046

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice