Windows 7 - My backspace key isn't working!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dilliejue

Recently, I have had a problem with my backspace key. It wont work.

Earlier version of Windows seem to have a simple solution, but I can't find one.

A helping hand is much appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Dillie Jue.

Put the keyboard in your dishwasher, upside down, run it through a full cycle. A manual scrub and rinse will work also.
Remove it, shake out the excess water and let dry for 24 hours (A hair dryer can speed this up).
Verify it's fully dry, re-connect and it will likely work.
If not, the $10.00-$20.00 solution is always available.

dilliejue

Sorry, perhaps I shouldve been more specific.
I have a laptop - bought in November, and it is when I type in Microsoft Word - version 2007, windows 7, that I have this issue. =/

Put the laptop in your dishwasher, upside down, run it through a full cycle. A manual scrub and rinse will work also.
Remove it, shake out the excess water and let dry for 24 hours (A hair dryer can speed this up).

just kidding...

Put the laptop in your dishwasher, upside down, run it through a full cycle. A manual scrub and rinse will work also.

just kidding...
If you removed the HD and the optical drive it would probably work. People have been cleaning electronics with water for a very long time.

antech

Banned
Try installing another OS and try the Backspace key in that windows/OS....
If it works then its a software related problem...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online