Windows 7 new install - asks for username/password problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

braneli

Trying to install Windows 7 ultimate over Vista and now that it has run through quite a bit of it's install, it restarted and is asking me to login. I have no idea what the login would be, as I've never had one on this computer before.

Please help!! thank you!

Follow these steps:
1. Reboot in to safe mode
2. Log in with the administrator and no password
3. Go into users accounts
4. Create a new admin account with a password.
5. Exit out and reboot in normal mode.
6. Login using your new account name and password.

braneli

I've tried everything I can think of. Even my own personal logins that I've used over the past couple of years.

My screen looks like this.

When I goto choose safemode, it's asks me to choose between Windows Setup & Windows Vista. So it's still not finished installing.

Attachments

I've tried everything I can think of. Even my own personal logins that I've used over the past couple of years.

My screen looks like this.

When I goto choose safemode, it's asks me to choose between Windows Setup & Windows Vista. So it's still not finished installing.
In this case you need to follow the links I gave you and do a clean install.

valis

is that a store-bought W7 install disk? It looks like it came off of an image that requires admin privileges.

braneli

I actually had to pull a close look a like from google images, as I am on my Mac writing to you all. It looks about the same. empty frame with login requirements.

I actually had to pull a close look a like from google images, as I am on my Mac writing to you all. It looks about the same. empty frame with login requirements.
Did you see what valis asked you. Was it store bought?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts