1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 new installation freezes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Weababa, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Weababa

Weababa Thread Starter

Hello,

I re-installed windows three days ago. Since then, it has completely frozen (requiring a hard reset) 4 times, twice in a row today, and twice in a row the day before yesterday.

My specs are as follows:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
    M4A89GTD-PRO
    6GB A-Data DDR3 RAM
    ASUS EAH5770 CUcore
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I never had freezing issues before my new installation.

2. Axor

Axor

Right click on my computer>>propeties>> device manager. Check is there all drivers?

3. Weababa

Weababa Thread Starter

It would seem that I have forgotten to install IDE controller driver, could that explain the freezes?

4. marbski

marbski

update the bios for your motherboard

5. Weababa

Weababa Thread Starter

Alright, I updated my bios to the newest version, and also noticed another issue, my computer stutters. Every 2 seconds i get a 0,1 second absolute stop. Audio distorts, mouse stops. Task Manager or DPC Latency Checker dont seem to notice it, except for the few very high spikes, which might mean they just need to get the timing right.

EDIT:

Okay, that's odd, after a few hours of trying to figure out the stuttering, it just stopped all of a sudden. I didn't do anything to it, didn't install anything new, it just stopped. I'll see whether it comes back or not at some point.

EDIT #2:

Alright, it worked just fine for a few hours, but then I locked my computer and went off, after like half an hour or so of the computer being locked, the stuttering started again. I can not for the life of me figure out what is causing this.

EDIT #3:

Okay again I just kept restarting my computer and thinking what I could do to fix it, and it just spontaneously stopped. This is really starting to piss me off because I cant even listen to music while its happening!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1050647