1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Not Booting - blank screen with a cursor at the top left corner

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mikerojer, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikerojer

mikerojer Thread Starter

Hello All,

I have Windows 7 Home edition on a HP dv4 series laptop. Couple of days back I was browsing through a website suddenly the the windows was shutdown. I assumed it was some virus work

When I try to restart windows it is taking me upto the HP boot options then I get a blank screen with a cursor at the top left corner.

The following did not work,
    1) Booting via the recovery disk
    2) Booting via recovery hard disk
    3) I created a USB boot with Ubuntu and even the USB is not getting detected.

I dunno what happened to the PC whether its the work of a virus or bios issue. Please Help

2. mel8again

mel8again

Did you change the bios to boot from the USB or disk before the hard drive?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1045818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice