1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 not booting up after update

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Goons, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Goons

Goons Thread Starter

My Windows updated today (5/11/2012) then the download was stuck at 99%. I tried to shut down and it continued trying to download the update then shut down after failing to download. When I turned it on again, I got stuck on the "Starting Windows" screen. I restarted the PC and ran the Start up repair, I then proceeded to going to a restore point. Windows then ran normal so I tried to troubleshoot windows updater and ran a disk cleanup to delete the temporary files that were possibly corrupted. The update ran normal and was successful. Windows asked for a restart because it was an important update.

Shutting it down made it configure the updates and I was stuck at 30% then I was back to where I started but this time the start up repair was not able to run. I was stuck with a blank screen after the "Windows is loading files" screen. I also tried booting with the Windows 7 disk, I ended up stuck again in the "Starting Windows" screen.

Any help would be appreciated

2. ratchet

ratchet

3. Goons

Goons Thread Starter

I did what you said and the computer booted as it should however, it still gets stuck in the starting windows screen if I restarted the computer or turned it on immediately after turning it off

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1052832