1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 not booting

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mkr2204, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkr2204

mkr2204 Thread Starter

Basically long story short one of my laptops died (Graphic card failure nothing to do with hard drive) took the SSD out of it, couple of weeks later put it into another laptop and its now getting a bluescreen (no specific error) on bootup just as the loading windows icon starts, all types of safe mode get the same thing also, start up repair etc no use, no restore points to restore

I have tried this on 2 laptops and the same thing happens, my other hard drives are fine in either laptop, both laptops and all hard drives are fine with eachother other than this one, with any combination of them

I can access this drive fine when used a secondary drive so have access to all files on it etc, and checkdisk finds no errors and everything seems fine on it, its just something going on with the startup/boot

Just wondering if theres anything I can do to save this windows installation as I dont have a disk handy at the moment to just reinstall it?

bootlog here (too long to paste) https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hlz0lv35z9gopm/New%20Text%20Document.txt?dl=0

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You can't remove a hard drive from a laptop which has Windows 7 in it and then put it in a completely different laptop and expect it to work.

------------------------------------------------------------

3. mkr2204

mkr2204 Thread Starter

I regularly interchange hard drives between my laptops and have done for years, this hard drive has been in at least 4 other laptops in the past and been fine

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143415

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice