1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Ratfinx, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ratfinx

Ratfinx Thread Starter

Hi guys don't know if you can help

Have a Dell Studio 1535 which came with Vista Home Premium installed
    It has 4GB Memory (RAM)

Checked and could not find anything that said it was not compatible with Windows 7
    So bought a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium
    As recommended by Windows 7 I uninstalled these programs

1 - iTunes
    2 - ATI Catalyst Install Manager (had to do this by selecting Change & then uninstall in Control Panel/Programs & Features
    as no uninstall option with this program for some reason)

Checked system type - 32 bit operating system
    So used the 32 bit software

When I tried to install it got error "The upgrade was not successful. Your previous version of windows is being restored. Do not restart your computer during this time"

I know other people have been able to install Windows 7 on this model

Is there anything that you can suggest I try?

I am a novice so if you can help please give basic instructions that a non techie person can follow :)

Help I hate Vista !!!
    Thanks

2. warrior19

warrior19

3. warrior19

warrior19

4. Ratfinx

Ratfinx Thread Starter

Yes I did run the upgrade advisor - nothing major came up just recommendations to uninstall iTunes and ATI Catalyst Install Manager prior to installing Windows 7

5. Ratfinx

Ratfinx Thread Starter

Looked at this issue that some people had with installation looping - it did not happen to me. Vista was restored. Strange thanks anyway

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You have SP1 or SP2? I can't imagine using the upgrade install, but if I did I think I'd uninstall all non-Windows security applications and run the appropriate Removal Tool if one is provided. I realize that all Microsoft says is to disable your anti-virus, but I don't trust those things to stay out of the way.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915070

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice