1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7.... only OS endorsed by Satan! I need help with Search!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by WButchar, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WButchar

WButchar Thread Starter

Hi people!

I'm reluctantly working with Windows 7. It's amaizing how Microsoft can find another way to "simplify" things by totally[messing] things up.

Simple thing: I'm trying to "search" for a file. The "search" option is no longer available when I right click, but there is a search bar on the upper right. So,... I type in what I am searching for and hit "Enter", but wait!!!!..... "Enter" does not work!!!!.... Neither do the other keys! So it sits blank and waits for my "go for it" command, but I just can't find it!

HOW THE HELL DO YOU SEARCH FOR FILES IN WINDOWS 7????? I need step by step directions.

(Question: Does Microsoft purposefully rob villages of their idiots to program their OS's????...... just wondering.)

Any help would be appreciated.

WJB.

2. Lance1

Lance1

Windows key + F

3. Hughv

Hughv

4. WButchar

WButchar Thread Starter

Thanks! I'll try the Windows key + F. Actually, none of my searches began immediately and I've purposefully used file names I know existed. Maybe I have a bug.

Incidentally, between a few of us at work, we have about 50+ years of computer experience both with pc's and macs and neither of us can figure out half of WIndows 7. BUT!!! The novice users figure things out quickly but have no idea on XP or several programs. What the H????

5. Hughv

Hughv

Win7 isn't so different that your previous experience doesn't apply.
    A little experimenting and research should quickly solve any problems you may experience.

6. Gouthaman

Gouthaman

Windows 7 (in my opinion) is very intuitive. Like another poster said, Winkey+F is one key combination that works. When you are in the home screen (desktop) hitting F3 brings up the search dialog.

7. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    WButchar, you have been here long enough to know not to circumvent the site censor. I have edited your post.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice