Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 7 PC Not Turning On

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
I have a Windows 7 PC, and since the last couple days it would not turn on everytime I press the power button on the front of the PC. I already tried restarting the PC many times, some with long periods between them. I checked the cables and wires also, as of none of them had any problems. The monitor works, and the green LED light on the back of the PC is always on. Please reply soon!

#6 ·
All I know about it is that it's a Dell PC and uses Windows 7, 64-Bit
What's the model name and model number of that Dell?
What's the exact "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Have you installed a graphics card or any other hardware to that Dell since you bought it?
Is the monitor connected to it by the standard 15-pin cable or by a different type cable?
Font Electric blue Cable Electronic device Auto part

---------------------------------------------------------------

#7 ·
here's a picture of my LED light and power cable
Your image is a blue blur and isn't helpful at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I've been on here for several hours, so I'm shutting down for the night.
I'll check back here in the morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------

#10 · (Edited)
OK, that system is now 7yrs old and [IMO] it is not cost effective to attempt to fix that old of hardware AND it was a lower end system when mfg. If you really really want to invest the time and money into fixing this system, the very first thing I would do would be the following;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed. Open the case and pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical
2 Reseat the atx and aux pw connectors on the motherboard. Be sure they are fully seated in the slot
3 Disconnect any usb device ie printer, scanner, etc
4 Replace pw cord and pw ON. See if the system will complete POST. If it does, then shutdown and start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If it does not POST, then you need to start swapping parts with known good units ie pw supply, motherboard, ram, etc. The first part you would swap would be the pw supply. This is the most likely part to fail. Dell uses mid range pw supplies; not junk however not top of the line either. 7yrs is a long time for one of their pw supplies to last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.