1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 PC Won't Turn On

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Roosterdude97, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Roosterdude97

Roosterdude97 Thread Starter

I built my computer in 2013 and have been using it ever since. I have only ever had to upgrade my fans and power supply. My computer cut off last night I believe when the power in my house flickered and have been unable to turn it on since. I have tried a different wall outlet. It is still receiving power because my Razer mouse and keyboard is still lit. The most I can get it to do is when I unplug the PSU and hold down the power button for approx. 30 seconds, then plug the PSU in again and press the power button. Upon doing this, the computer LED lights turn on and the fan in front of the motherboard starts to turn for a brief moment and immediately cuts off again, and pressing the power button no longer yields any results unless I repeat the aforementioned process.
    The issue I am having has never happened in the past and I feel it may be related to my power flickering but am unsure, because any time in the past that my power had gone out or flickered the computer simply cut off and would need to be turned on again. If anybody has any advice or wisdom on the subject for me it would be greatly appreciated!

Currently my specs are:

Rosewill 750w 80 plus psu
    Msi 970a-g43 motherboard
    Windows 7
    If any of this matters
    AMD FX 8150 processor
    Radeon HD 7850 graphics card
    8gb ram

A quick look at what happens when I attempt to start the PC after unplugging the PSU and holding the power button for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in:
    https://imgur.com/kdNXvd9

Thanks in advance!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Unplug everything except the keyboard and mouse and screen. No USB drives, no printers etc. Remove the GPU if there is motherboard video and use that. Then see if it powers on properly.

If it doesn't, start swapping things like first the PSU.

Since the case fan starts and then stops, it is either the PSU or the motherboard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice