1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Pre-Beta October 27th

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by TechGuy, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
  2. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Do you think Microsoft could abordon Vista that quick? What happen to Vista users?

3. TechGuy

First Name:
    Mike
    Is any different that every previous version of Windows? The time between Windows XP and Vista was the longest ever. Every previous version of Windows had a new one introduced within about 2 years (like Windows 95->98->2000->Me->XP). If estimates are correct and Windows 7 comes out at the end of 2009 (which seems hopeful to me), that seems to fit the schedule. I don't see them abandoning Vista at all.

So, I'll go ahead and look into the future for you: everyone who hates Vista will love Windows 7 (because otherwise they'll be stuck in XP). Then those same people will hate whatever happens in Windows 8, primarily because it isn't compatible with their old hardware and drivers will exist immediately. Just like every other new operating system. *sigh*

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Hell, I haven't really made the total transition to Vista yet, and they're already replacing it! :D

5. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Hmm.. I wonder what Windows 97 looks like?

6. new tech guy

new tech guy

I have vista on my laptop (preloaded with it out of the box) and it works fine. Only thing that irks me to no end is that it will completely consume 3 gb of RAM like its nobody's business. Had me a little mad honestly because the machine really is current, 3 gb of ram on a 2ghz dual core intel centrino chipset with independant NVIDIA memory, although they insist on sharing memory for some reason. If windows 7 is more resource efficient than vista which by what im hearing i think it will be, i might just switch my laptop to it as vista really is recource hungry.

7. TechGuy

First Name:
    Mike
    It is true that Vista is very resource heavy -- it runs terrible on slower computers. That said, my computer at work has 2GB and runs great -- but it does have a very nice graphics card, which helps a lot. :)

8. new tech guy

new tech guy

Yup mine does have its own graphics recources, 256mb of onboard memory but this turbocache thing i honestly didnt expect on it or i wouldnt have purchased the pc. However, it does run fine on vista, just goes to show me how hungry on recources this is. My sister's computer is lower end and i had to redo windows after some work was done to it. It had the rollover to vista thing but i went and put xp back on it this time around just because the performance was so poor on vista. Im still wondering how it played her games on it. However, it is getting harder and harder to find a pc with a decent graphics card i found. Very few truely run on their own recources nowadays. I found out the card was sharing because it shows shared memory when i pull up card info from the nvidia control panel. Just says shared so i dunno if its shared when needed or what, but in any case its getting hard to find a car which does not share its memory.

9. windgod14

windgod14

The main problems with vista-

Unstabability - Games tend to crash 50% more on vista machines due to driver errors.

HOG - Requires tons of memory, 1gb just isn't enough, most people need to buy more when getting there computers.

Hopefully, Windows 7 will try to fix these problems.

10. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Wondering when's we can allowed to preview the Windows 7?

11. new tech guy

new tech guy

Supposed to have a prebeta out on 27th ccm, just read the OP ;)

12. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    I thought this means Microsoft staff

13. new tech guy

new tech guy

I think it is a closed audience. Gen public can probably see it when its on beta. Dont forget as well that ui is one of the last things done so it will look like vista till probably public beta.

14. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    I will get my PC pepared for Windows 7 Beta!

15. new tech guy

new tech guy

Wait....why would you go run a beta os that is really half broken when you can use a stable os that works? Like xp or vista... I would dual boot if i were you for it.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice