1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Printing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rsimoneau, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rsimoneau

rsimoneau Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ralph (UncleMarine)
    I had the hard drive (crash!!) replaced so I took the opportunity to change the OS from MS Vista to MS Windows 7.,now I can't print anything from any web page. I keep getting this error message.
    "An error has occurred in the script on this page"
    Line: 1507
    Char: 1
    Error: Invalid argument
    Code: 0
    URL: Res://ie frame.dll/preview.js

No matter what page (email or other pages) I have in the internet the error message is the same, this never happened when I had MS Vista as the OS.
    UncleMarine

2. mikewest26

mikewest26

You may need to completely remove the printer that isn't working, then re-install it onto your computer. The printer driver that is currently installed is probably not compatible with Windows 7, so you'll need to re-install the printer with the correct Windows 7 driver.

3. Firebreather

Firebreather

4. rsimoneau

rsimoneau Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ralph (UncleMarine)
    My printer is HP Deskjet 6122 when I installed the driver disk, error messsage said to go to the HP web site to download a subtitute driver (990C) that is compatible with Windows 7. I followed the installing instructions and the printer works great with every thing but printing anything from on line. It's kind of unusual now the printer shows up on (devices & printers) as a 990C printer.

5. Firebreather

Firebreather

6. rsimoneau

rsimoneau Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ralph (UncleMarine)
    Yes & No:
    The printer works fine with the 990c driver, but again I can't print anything on line, email or any info pages etc.

7. Firebreather

Firebreather

I think you should contact HP now.
    Other than that I'm out of ideas :(

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What about Firebreather's first two ideas, namely the possible fixes in those two links he gave in post # 3?

And, have you tried a different browser?

9. rsimoneau

rsimoneau Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ralph (UncleMarine)
    The browser I have is MS Internet Explorer. It's very difficult to not be able to print from the internet. I just installed a new program and again tried to print the on-line manual but this came up.
    "An error has occurred in the script on this page"
    Line: 1507
    Char: 1
    Error: Invalid argument
    Code: 0
    URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026486

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice