1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

~Windows 7 professional 64bit, black screen with cursor after startup~

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Coookie, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coookie

Coookie Thread Starter

After the windows starting screen I keep getting a black screen with cursor. Have the ability to move the cursor, but that's about all. Can't start anything, not even task manager through ctrl+alt+delete. I'm using windows 7 pro 64bit for a few months already. Haven't installed anything myself for the last week. Restoring system tells me a windows update happened the last time the PC was on, so I'm guessing that's what caused it, other then that I was only gaming a bit.

Already tried:
    restoring system to a date where it did function through windows 7 install DVD (tried several restore points)
    repairing the startup through windows 7 install DVD, yet it gave no problems back.
    repairing the memory through windows 7 install DVD, yet it gave no problems back.
    Running in safemode, gives lower res (bigger mouse cursor), but still black screen without anything to do.
    Running in safemode with command prompt, but no command prompt is showing up
    Using windows+r to bring up command doesn't function
    Running in lowres, brings same result as safemode
    Disconnecting all USB devices

Looked online, but every solution I found, either managed to get to still have access to task manager, safemode working or system restore working. Any help is appreciated ^^

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/968059

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice