Windows 7 Recovery Option is not available. What should I do

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lu Zhun

Hi all. Here are the details of what has been going on with my other computer. I am open to any and all suggestions or feedback on what I can try doing next.

It is having issues loading Windows 7 for whatever reason. It acts like it cannot even find the windows files. The hard drive is still showing up in BIOS though, so the installation must have gotten corrupted somehow during some Windows updates.

As soon as this issue came up, I put in the same Windows 7 installation cd that I had used to install it with and went to the recovery options menu. From there, I told it to do a system restore and after it got done with that and rebooted, it still was not finding the Windows installation. So I tried going back into the System Recovery option a second time, so that I could tell it to try repairing the windows installation, and it was saying that the Windows 7 Recovery option is not compatible with the version of windows I have installed, which does not make any sense since I just accessed the recovery option a few moments before. Now it won't even let me access it.

I tried using other system restore disks from Windows 7 just in case they may work and they all give me the same error message. I cannot access the system recovery option at all now. I should have had it try to repair the installation first while I had the chance instead of system restore. Now it is too late. I even tried loading from a Linux operating system to see if I could try to create a current system image of windows and back it up somehow, so that I can just reinstall Windows 7 again and restore it to the way it was using the system image, but linux is even having trouble loading.

I am not sure what to do now. I would have no issue reinstalling Windows 7 again if I had a current system image elsewhere that I can restore it to. Have you heard of people being locked out of the system recovery option like this? It seems to be a common error on quite a few forums with Windows 7 and some of the answers or suggestions work for some people but not for others.

Thank you for your help. Let me know if you need anymore information. I will check back periodically for any updates to this thread. Have a great day!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online