windows 7 reg query batch file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

antmar904

hi all,

i am trying to uninstall mozilla firefox from all of our workstations but there are diffrent versions out there.

basically what i wanted to do is create a batch file that would look in the registry on a windows 7 32bit machine and search for a uninstall string for mozilla firefox.

the key to search for is located here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

i want to query this directory and find the sub key that has mozilla as the (displayname) then somehow read the (uninstallstring) value and export that to a txt file.

i tried multiple command line parameters and none of them seem to get me the results that i am looking for.

You could always delegate it out and have other people uninstall it personally. I guess..
Just asking but, could that batch file you are trying to make be considered a virus from another perspective? Or does it not work like that. oO

editz:
This might be able to be moved to windows 7 since that is your operating system. Ask a mod?

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Not sure why you couldn't just run the helper.exe file with the /S switch to uninstall.

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" /S

antmar904

because not all of the firefox versions support the helper.exe, at least i think.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
I still have 3.X on my computer and it supports it and my buddy has version 8 and it also supports it. A quick Google Search and it looks like even 2.X supports it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online