1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Repair (SP-1)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Vulcan11, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vulcan11

Vulcan11 Thread Starter

Working on a Sony lap top, which had Vista originally installed on it. Operating system was updated to Windows 7 Home premium from an upgrade disk. Worked fine for many months. Now it seems there is a problem with the operating system. Would like to repair using the install disk, but I believe the system was updated to SP-1 . Looked at slipstreaming Sp-1 to create an updated disk, but read that the created disk would not work to repair the system files. Could anyone shed any light on what would be a way to repair the current system.

2. pip22

pip22

"Could anyone shed any light on what would be a way to repair the current system."

That very much depends on what the actual problem is when you say "Now it seems there is a problem with the operating system".

3. Vulcan11

Vulcan11 Thread Starter

Even in starting the system in safe mode, it takes 5 to 8 minutes to respond to any command. That is why I think system files are damaged. Starting the computer from a disk operating system ( Ubuntu) the hardware appears fine, computer operates fine.

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    Some OEM recovery DVDs cannot perform a Repair .. Wipe and reinstall only ... Not sure about Sony.
    Have you made a W7 Repair CD ??
    This may not fix it .. but it won't hurt to try.

The first thing I'd look at is your antivirus .. Mine slows my W7 bootup .. I think ??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029550

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice