1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 7 resume loader stuck

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by PMomStressed, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PMomStressed

PMomStressed Thread Starter

Hello, I have a toshiba satellite laptop, my windows 7 operating system is stuck on the windows resume loader screen. The keyboard loses all function so that you cannot make a choice. I plugged in a usb keyboard(enabled it) and same result. I had actually made a windows 7 repair disc and was actually able to boot from dvd drive but nothing came up. How can I get past this problem? I was told that it has something to do with hibernate mode, Thanks for any help

2. PMomStressed

PMomStressed Thread Starter

I dont know if you could call this one resolved. But in the end it appears that my hard drive is fried. I tried various fixes and then I contacted Mirosoft tech support directly. They also had me run my laptop through a battery of tests. We have come to the conclusion that the hard drive is the culprit. Luckily I have a warranty on the laptop. I will get a new hard drive but have lost all my data. By the way, the f8 key would have worked to bring up advance boot options.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you back up your data regularly you won't lose much, but I didn't post here to lecture you.

If the hard drive is not completely unresponsive you may be able to save (some or all) data files. To outline the method: create a bootable Linux Live CD, boot to that, and copy any files you can access. Puppy Linux is good for this, and I can help more if your hard drive is working at all and you want to try.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915976

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice