1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 SATA or IDE drive

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kwheeler7, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwheeler7

kwheeler7 Thread Starter

I need to reinstall my Windows 7 from cracked to legal. My PC has 3 HD in it. 200 GB SATA, 200 GB Primary IDE and 160 GB Secondary IDE. It is currently loaded on the 200gb Primary IDE and the other 2 are for backup and saving data. Would I be better off installing Windows 7 on the SATA drive and using both IDE drives for backup and saving data? If so is the easiest way to just disconnect the IDE drives until Windows 7 is installed then format the original OS drive to use for backup?

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

My computer boots to W7 pro SP1, 32 bit, in 60% of the time, using a 120 GB 5 series Intel SATA drive, compared to an 80 GB Western Digital 7200 rpm Cavier Black Drive.
    AMD II x2 3.6 GHZ cpu
    4 GB ram

I have no data; only anecdotal information that all tasks [ I am NOT a gamer ; no offense intended if you are ] will be [ edit are for me end edit ] faster. W7 updates zip by on the screen.

Your computer will boot faster with the boot drive being smaller than the data drives.

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086475

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice