1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 7 service pack 1

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by immanuel, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. immanuel

immanuel Thread Starter

I've tried 6 times to update my OS to "windows 7 sp1" but each time after almost 80% done I get an error code 80070005. This is for my laptop Toshiba L505. The os is windows 7 home premium. system 32 bit. RAM 3 GB. processor Intel T6500@ 2.10 GHz
    Any suggestions?

2. Armiris

Armiris

Are you logged in under an administrator account?

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Have you made any changes to permissions or taken ownership of any files/folders?

If the answer to Armiris' question is in the affirmative, then please read this:

windows update error 80070005

If you need to use subinacl.exe, then download the attachment, unzip it, and place subinacl.exe directly in your system32 folder. In will then be in your path and available from any command prompt.

Attached Files:

4. immanuel

immanuel Thread Starter

Yes I am logged in under an administrative account. Next I'll try the steps mentioned by Elvandil.

I'll let you know the result. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1054947