1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sylt, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sylt

sylt Thread Starter

As many of you, I started out with windows 3.1 than 98, XP and now window 7 (64-bit). I started with a card making system (Announcement/ Master Clip) which gave me plenty of choices. Unfortunately this system will not be accepted by window 7, but it's such a great software that I would like to get either the same, or similar software, since I like creating birthday cards..Christmas cards and so on. I purchased the entire HALLMARK Card Studio software, but it's not as flexible as Announcements.
    Have any of you any idea where to get the above or one like it?
    Gardenqueen

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

What version of Windows 7 are you running.

3. sylt

sylt Thread Starter

I work with "Home Premium" window 7, if this information will help. I sure appreciate such fast reply.

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

If you were running Windows 7 Pro you could run your Announcement software inside XP Mode. XP Mode is not available for Windows 7 Home.

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    Have you tried to run it in W7's XP Compatibility Mode ???

The XP Virtual Mode is not the same as Compatibility Mode that works in W7 Home.

6. sylt

sylt Thread Starter

Noyb, thanks for this tip, I will try to see if it'll work for me. Sure appreciate the help.
    Sylt

7. Noyb

First Name:
    Jay
    Let me know so I can un-cross my fingers :D

8. sylt

sylt Thread Starter

You may un-cross your fingers, by now they might be out of circulation. Unfortunately I tried and tried over again, but it just wouldn't work for me. I guess I have to dispose of the IMSI Master Clip 303,000 and find something similar; it was such a great software program. I better start looking, but thanks a lot for you help.
    sylt

9. sylt

sylt Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip in that I should have purchased W7 Pro, oh well I just have to look for a compatible software program, but IMSI Master Clip 303,000 was such a great program for me, I just can't say the same about Hallmark Card Studio 2010, doesn't have hardly anything natural looking.
    Thanks again for your help
    Sylt

10. Noyb

First Name:
    Jay
    Sorry to hear that .. Are the clips contained in it still readable ??

I wasn't too impressed with W7's XP virtual mode .. It seems to work, But why have to switch systems just to run a program ??

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  12. sylt

sylt Thread Starter

True, I'm not switching to a new program.
    I do have to apologize, I have worked with computers for a few years, BUT I am not an expert , just do it for enjoyment, thus I might not understand the computer "language" well enough. That said...what do you mean by "clips" if they're still readable???

13. sylt

sylt Thread Starter

Oh my, I think I'm getting over my head with all the knowledge you sent. Have no experience with that program, thus have to talk with a friend to get it going for me, but thanks for the in-put, sure apreciate your help

14. Noyb

First Name:
    Jay
    I think it contains Images (clips) ... Just wondering if they were accessible for possible use somewhere else.
    Have you tried to contact IMSI ??? ... Their support link seems useless

15. sylt

sylt Thread Starter

I have the entire set of CD's (20) of them and, yes they're in good shape. The 2" book comes with it, but it will work only up to XP, so .. unfortunately,for me it has become useless.
    Yes, I tried IMSI, but they're useless with any information. I thought of getting the Broderbund software, but haven't heard anything about it yet. Checked it out on the web, but am not sure how good that software is.
    Thanks for all your help, though.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice