Windows 7 start up error messages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

retmiagt

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4094 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 78520 MB, Free - 41467 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M4A78T-E, Rev 1.xx, 107407490000531
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Just installed windows 7 64 bit - clean install - but when I start windows I get three error windows at start-up. At top of the box it says "AsusSetup" - inside the box is a red X and the message "C:\users\main\AppData\Local\Temp\111742Log.iniis lost" - Other two blocks say same excpet different number before iniis lost. I have run "Wise Registry Cleaner" and have looked in start-up files and could find nothing that might be causing problem. Suspect an entry in registry is causing problem but not accustomed to messing with registry. Any help appreciated.

daz1

Banned
obviously a driver for your mobo, all installed properly? have yopu checked device manager??

start type device manager

also

start type msconfig enter that start up tab untick all except your anti spy re boot

retmiagt

Device manager shows no items causing problems. Disabling all startup items did not fix the problem.

retmiagt

Thank you for helping with this problem. I appreciate your time and effort. Great program for updating drivers but only driver out of date was mouse and display (not on board), no outdated drivers for mother board. Still doing same thing.

retmiagt

The drivers seem to install correctly - there are no faults in device manager. After I first installed the drivers for the Motherboard, the next time I started windows I got the error message (the 111742 one). Tried re-install two time more and now have three error messages (132832 and 132851). I could go for a fourth message but don't think re-installing the drivers is going to hack it. Thanks for hanging in there.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Go to the Asus website and make sure you have the latest driver.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online