1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 start up screen freezes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TVR, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TVR

TVR Thread Starter

Hi .... I am running Windows 7 on an Acer laptop about 3 years old.

Today the laptop will not start up in the proper way and just takes me eventually to a blue screen with a picture of a white bird and a green branch on the right hand side.

The mouse moves in the normal way but there are no clickable icons to do anything and no F buttons provide options.

I have disconnected the battery once and this takes me to the page reporting improper shutdown, and suggests a repair install.

The above happens all over again when this is accepted.

I have the 4 home made DVD discs which were made on purchase . recovery discs 1,2 and 3 plus drivers and applications.

Has anyone got any ideas please?

Many thanks

2. brownd898

brownd898

I suspect that is a virus if the recovery disc you made does not work you might have to install windows again doing this

1. Go to this link: http://www.w7forums.com/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads-t12325.html and download and save the iso file you downloaded

2. Buy a blank DVD-r with 4.7 gb on it

3. Put the blank DVD in then right click on the iso then click burn disc image

Hope it helps :D

3. TVR

TVR Thread Starter

Many thanks.. I'll try it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1092077

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice