1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 7 startup problem pls help \(T_T)/

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Thetechnoob, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Thetechnoob

Thetechnoob Thread Starter

Hi I'm new to the site and decided that I had to try something to fix my problem I have been plagued by this for 3 years and decided to do something about it so i hope you guys can help.

Ok I should let you know I am veeeeery noobish to technology regarding computers which explains my name so there will be somethings i don't understand so please bare that in mind when explaining somethings to me.

Alright so I have a hp dv9700 and when i start it up it starts up at the bios screen like normal but for some reason it takes like a few minutes to continue on but i just wait that out no problem what my real problem is when i reach the windows 7 start-up screen after a little bit i wait for the logo to pop up in the middle of the screen and I 9.5 times out of 10 will see the most evil thing known to me an annoying weird dot in the very center of the screen that at closer glance looks like a reeeeeally small windows logo at first i tried waiting it out to see would load and no dice so I am forced to restart by holding the power button down and shutting it off I restart and the thing is I cant even run the windows repair option that it recommends every time because it just gives me a black screen after the little loading bar is gone so thats not an option I had this problem temporarily fixed before. I took it to my tech teacher at my last school who helped me repair the screen because it wasn't working before but replaced a wire that connected the monitor to the motherboard for free!!! so cool to that but i still had that startup problem so what he did was take a widows 7 os disc and I think he launched the repair option and some other stuff so that stopped the problem for like 2 months and then the little dot returns and i have no idea how to fix it but here's the funny part when I use my laptop there is a veeeery rare chance it will actually start-up and everything works fine till i have to restart for updates then i worried thinking oh god not again pls no not the dreaded updates I always put it off by putting the 4 hour delay but eventually it will claim my laptop and restart by itself and im stuck praying for a start-up again I HATE this problem it has me fearing the restart option please help in any way you can I have had to deal with this problem for 2 to 3 years
    (if you read all of this thanks for reading my ridiculously long post)

2. valis

valis Moderator

howdy and welcome. :)

I've edited your post for vulgarity, please remember this is a family forum.

How did you get W7 on that laptop? Have you checked your drivers? start > run > sysdm.cpl > enter > hardware tab > device manager and see if there are any yellow triangles.

3. Thetechnoob

Windows was already on the laptop when i got it and as for the drivers i went to the device manager and there doesn't seem to be any yellow triangles (also sorry for the language)

4. goedel

goedel

Have you tried examining your BIOS settings to see that they are at the defaults for your system?

Since this is costing you much time anyway, have you tried reformatting your C drive (and losing everything on it), then reloading Windows 7 from your installation CDs?

5. Thetechnoob

how do i check the bios? also i cant reload widows since i dont have a windows os disc and i kinda don't wanna wipe everything on my computer

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

7. Thetechnoob

I didnt even know you could do this I'll see if there any blank DvDs around that i can use i remember my mom had like a stack of those somewhere and if that doesnt work I' ll see if the flashdrive option works I'll get around to it tomorrow :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141176

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice