Windows 7 startup repair problem stuck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Satijaavi

Hi,
I suddenly open my viao laptop after few days and I see this startup repair window opening up.
I tried safe mode or command prompt by using F8 key, but nothing seems to be working.
Tried to reinstall windows by using a usb bootable pendrive but nothing is helping.

Laptop: Sony Viao
Windows 7 home basic

The same problem can be seen in the following video:

Please help me out I have to have this laptop working by next week.

Thanks in advance

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Tried to reinstall windows by using a usb bootable pendrive but nothing is helping.
Could you explain - specifically - what didn't happen here? Are you sure the laptop was booting from the pendrive and not just booting from the hard disk?

Satijaavi

Could you explain - specifically - what didn't happen here? Are you sure the laptop was booting from the pendrive and not just booting from the hard disk?
Yes,I made that change before using it.
A technician told me he will recover all my data first then will reinstall the windows and then load my data back into my Hard disk.

Donno If that's the only way out!

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I don't know how confident you'd be undertaking the task, but you could use a Linux Live CD/pen drive to boot the system, interrogate the drive and find the data you want to back up, and then wipe the drive during a re-install. As an aside: how did you create the bootable Windows pen drive?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online

No members online now.