1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 stuck in launch repair

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by woobie, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woobie

woobie Thread Starter

When my computer starts up it goes directly to a black screen with 2 options. 1st is recommended-launch statup repair(may not be worded right, and 2nd is start windows normally. Windows tries to start up normally, fails and returns to this screen. I have done the repair multiple times but it says nothing is wrong. It does say an external device may be causing the problem but nothing id connected. I have tried all the options. It will not go to a previous point. When I attempt to return to factory settings it says a program is trying to end in an unexpected way and will not prodeed. Help!!!!

2. LagunaGTO

LagunaGTO Account Closed

Try tapping the F8 key once your BIOS screen goes away but before this screen appears. You should still be able to get into the Advanced Menu.

If you do get there, attempt the Last Known Good Configuration.

If that does not work, reboot into safe mode and let us know if that works.

3. woobie

woobie Thread Starter

Ok, when i tried last good configuration it tried to start windows. The little animated emblem swooshed together and got bigger and smaller. It did that for a few moments and then went black then returned to the start screen. When i tried safe mode it stated running through the files, got so far, stopped and then returned to the same first page.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025142

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice