1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 7 stuck in rebooting loop during installation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by priscilalila, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. priscilalila

priscilalila Thread Starter

Okay so i have this machine, acer m3100, that originally had windows vista. I tried to do a clean install of windows 7, with an original windows 7 installation cd. Everything would go okay until right after the computer restarts and goes to the part of COMPLETING INSTALLATION. At that moment my screen suddenly flashes with the blue screen of death. i wasnt able to right the error that shows up though. Then the computer restarts and goes to setup devices and right after that an error message appears saying, windows did not complete installation, due to an unexpected restart, restart the computer and restart the installation. If i click okay it will go into an endless loop. Restarting one time after another. So i thought i would install windows vista again. Try to make things the way they were before, but i get the same error. i'm only able to install xp. With XP everything works fine. I do want to be able to install windows 7 though. I have tried almost every trick in the book. Nothing has helped. Im thinking this isnt a hardware problem since it works with xp, probably a configuration problem. If someone can help me i would highly appreciate it.

2. LagunaGTO

LagunaGTO Account Closed

When it's booting up, hit F8 (After the BIOS screen but before the Windows screen) and select "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure". You will be able to retrieve the BSOD code for us then.

Also, how much RAM is in this PC? Windows 7 under 1GB is not recommended. I'd shoot for at least a minimum of 2GB of RAM.

Do you also have the ability to try a different Hard Drive?

3. priscilalila

priscilalila Thread Starter

Hi i did what you asked me to but the bsod only appears when im doing the windows install. I did try to install it again but even after i disabled the automatic restart, the bsod only flashed. The computer is 3gb ram. im trying to install windows 7 with one stick of 2gb. Before i installed windows xp and saw that everything would work with it, i thought it might be a bad hard drive or something. But what seems to me is that for some reason the computer now doesnt reconize windows vista or 7 platform.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977439

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice