1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Stuck On "Starting Windows"

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by chrisman10, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chrisman10

chrisman10 Thread Starter

Hello guys i am new to the forum. I did not want it to come to this but i have to ask for help. I know much about pc as well but I can not solve this problem on my on.

Spec

notebook PC is powered by 2.0 GHz Intel Core2 Duo Processor T5870 with 2-MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz FSB and it features Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset, 2048-MB (2-GB) DDR2 667 MHz SDRAM (upgradeable to 4-GB using dual soDIMM modules), 320-GB Serial-ATA hard disk drive with Acer Disk Anti-Shock Protection (DASP) technology and internal 8X DVD-Super Multi double layer DVD writer

I have windows 7 on it. Everything was working fine yesterday but now i am really confused about what to do.

Couple notes, the pc will not go into safemode it lists harddrives then it stops and does not seem to go on.

I was wondering if there a way to just format it without me having it load to desktop first.

Thanks .

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

You have given us everything but the brand of notebook but most have a repair environment you can boot to and then use System Restore to go back a day or two and boot back up. There should also be a hard disk repair tool another option to run as well as "Startup Repair".

3. chrisman10

chrisman10 Thread Starter

Sorry my note is acer aspire 5730z. I do not know how to access the startup repair.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

· If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.
    · If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to repair, and then press and hold F8.
    On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press Enter. (If Repair your computer isn't listed as an option, then your computer doesn't include preinstalled recovery options, or your network administrator has turned them off.)
    . Select a keyboard layout, and then click Next.
    On the System Recovery Options menu, click a Startup Repair tool to open it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917683

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice