1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 System interrupts problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cazamodo, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cazamodo

cazamodo Thread Starter

Ok,

After days of googling solutions i have no idea still how to fix this. Ill try and explain it from the top.

I have an E-systems Ei206 refurbished machine.
    It has a Foxcom motherboard, and origionally came with windows vista installed.
    I went from vista to XP, and installed another hardrive. Everythign has worked fine.
    I added a wireless card, a 5.1 surround sound card, and a HDMI video card, again no problems.
    I then done a clean install of windows 7 RTM 64bit, and again no problems everything was fine.
    As this just ran out, i went and installed, again a clean install, Windows 7 unltimate. This was 32 though.

Now my cpu hits 100% from boot, and its very difficult, near impossible to do anythinmg. Now and again it will lower, but then cpu is still 100%, due to scvhost localnetworkservice, and scvhost localnetworkserviceerror, or somethign to that effect.

Now looking through google, i have tried all of these.

Turning off usb 2.0 in bios. didnt work.
    Turning off on board Lan in bios. didnt work.
    Disabled wireless card in device manager - didnt work.
    Disabled all card reader devices in device manager - didnt work.
    i have disabled on board high definition audio - didnt work.
    I cant find on board video, which is probably why i brought the video card.
    Ive tried re-installing windows 7 again - didnt work.
    Ive tried different fixes using windows 7 manager - didnt work

Its driving me crazy, i ccant use my pc, which is very annoying.
    Ive searched google and nothing ive found works for me.

If you need any more info let me know, but it will be difficult to run anything as its so slow.

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Disable onboard in the BIOS

Start pulling expansion cards from the PC and see if that resolves. Double check you have all the correct drivers.

3. cazamodo

cazamodo Thread Starter

Ok will do, although theres not much onboard to disable in the Bios,
    Also if i pull my video card, i dont think i will have video.
    And how do i check that my drivers are up to date, as theres no problems in device manager or anything atm.

4. cazamodo

cazamodo Thread Starter

Ok, ive remived the wirless, and sound card, i cant remove the video card, as i get nothing from the onboard, and in device manager there is no onboard video.

The only things i can disable in the bios, under intergrated periphials, is usb 2.0, and the onboard LAN.
    with all cards out except the video, and the intergrated periphials off, it still has 100% cpu usage.

5. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Download the newest version of Regmon which also includes processmon, run it and post a screen cap, lets see if that gives us better eyes as to whats eating your CPU.

6. cazamodo

cazamodo Thread Starter

Will do, atm ive got my hands on a 64bit windows 7, to see if that changes anything, as soon as thats installed, if theres still a problem ill post back here with the results from that.

7. cazamodo

cazamodo Thread Starter

scrap that, was corrupt.

When searching for regmon, says its been replacesed by a new process moniter, is that hat i want?

Another update, just tried running in safe mode.

and it ran perfectly.

another update, ran in safe mode with networking, and its still fine, so its not my LAN network adapter i dont think.

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Where are you getting your copies of Win 7? You said that you got your hands on a copy of Win 7 64bit but it was corrupt.

9. cazamodo

cazamodo Thread Starter

The 32 bit I bought, and used on my laptop and home computers,and a friend lent me the 64 but it said setup files were missing. So I'm using 32.

I can run in safe mode with networking, but when I boot normally it goes back to 100% usage.
    Its not my sound card, as I took that out. Only thing I can think of is my video card. Ill try disabling it and see what happens

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice