1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Takes a long time to connect after coming back from sleep

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FuiryKill, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FuiryKill

FuiryKill Thread Starter

As soon as my computer wakes up from sleep mode, it takes about a minute to connect to my WiFi. All of my other laptops and computers connect instantly, except for this one. Can anybody help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

2. FuiryKill

FuiryKill Thread Starter

As soon as my computer wakes up from sleep mode, it takes about a minute to connect to my WiFi. All of my other laptops and computers connect instantly, except for this one. Can anybody help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

3. Frenz

Frenz

I had this problem with some xp netbooks, it was particurlary annoying in a work scenario in which users would have to be resynced to the network.

This is a slightly different problem but i will mention it anyway, it was also doing this upon startup of the machine (Wireless is near the end of the boot order on XP.) To fix this problem i had to go into group policy and changed 'Always wait for the network at computer startup logon'

I would also like to mention that windows 7 has a hibernation option instead of sleep in which i dont think it turns off the network.

Sorry i could not be of much help.

~Frenz

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Make sure you have the latest correct drivers, especially for the wireless adapter. Without knowing anything about your adapter, wireless utilities used or network there's not much else I can think of.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

I've merged your threads. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

6. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

I have been told, and it is my experience, that Ws7 is slow to connect to WiFi.

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Almost instantaneous with my Windows 7 systems using the integrated wireless. :) Haven't used a USB adapter lately, but I think that was pretty good too.

8. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

I apologize! I confused connecting with the Internet with connecting to a wireless network. My test this morning gave the same result as "TN."

9. Ramma09

Ramma09

I have the exactly same problem. I have an MSI notebook with windows 7, and it used to connect really fast to my wifi as soon as it was awakened from sleep mode.
    But now, out of nowhere it takes about a minute to do so.
    I reseted all my router settings but the problem continues.

I need help.

Thanks!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/995739