Windows 7 to Windows 10 free upgrade

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wildbill2u

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether I could buy a CD to upgrade a couple of older computers running XP and Vista.

Would you recommend an OEM CD or a regular upgrade CD? I know they are available.

I understand that MS will give a free upgrade from windows 7 to Windows 10 this year and for once I'd like to have Microsoft give me something for free.

Thanks for any comments/opinions you might be able to give me

Wildbill

dustyjay

Jay
You can Still buy Windows 7 OEM versions from several outlets, such as Newegg, Tiger Direct.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
BEFORE you attempt to upgrade those older computers to Windows 7 32-bit, you need to make sure they can handle it and that they have full driver support for it.

A legal copy of Windows 7 32-bit will cost you over $100.00 and can't be activated with the same product key in multiple computers, so you're looking at a big cash outlay.

-------------------------------------------------------------

wildbill2u

Thanks for response. I found a site that says they can download a copy to me directly for $53 which seems like a good price. Can this be done or do you think this is an internet scam?

Cheers, Wild Bill

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I found a site that says they can download a copy to me directly for $53 which seems like a good price. Can this be done or do you think this is an internet scam?
Is it for Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional or Ultimate, 32-bit or 64-bit?

Whatever version or bit version it is, it's almost definitely an illegal/pirated copy if it sells for $53.00.

What's the website name or link?

---------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online