1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 to Windows 10 free upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wildbill2u, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wildbill2u

wildbill2u Thread Starter

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether I could buy a CD to upgrade a couple of older computers running XP and Vista.

Would you recommend an OEM CD or a regular upgrade CD? I know they are available.

I understand that MS will give a free upgrade from windows 7 to Windows 10 this year and for once I'd like to have Microsoft give me something for free.

Thanks for any comments/opinions you might be able to give me

Wildbill

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You can Still buy Windows 7 OEM versions from several outlets, such as Newegg, Tiger Direct.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    BEFORE you attempt to upgrade those older computers to Windows 7 32-bit, you need to make sure they can handle it and that they have full driver support for it.

A legal copy of Windows 7 32-bit will cost you over $100.00 and can't be activated with the same product key in multiple computers, so you're looking at a big cash outlay.

-------------------------------------------------------------

4. wildbill2u

wildbill2u Thread Starter

Thanks for response. I found a site that says they can download a copy to me directly for $53 which seems like a good price. Can this be done or do you think this is an internet scam?

Cheers, Wild Bill

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Is it for Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional or Ultimate, 32-bit or 64-bit?

Whatever version or bit version it is, it's almost definitely an illegal/pirated copy if it sells for $53.00.

What's the website name or link?

---------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145014

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice