Windows 7 to XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Steve Murray

Having bought myself a netbook and registering it online the OS changed from Win XPto Win 7 starter eddition.
Now several weeks down line I find that I just can not get on with Win 7 and want to revert back to XP.
Also doing some research I find that the folder where the details of the old system is not present.
The netbook (Samsung N210P) does not have a cdrom type drive so my usual method of wiping the hard drive with Acronus and then doing a clean install of XP seem to be a non starter as i suspect that the wipe will work fine, but the reboot with the cdrom drive atatched via usb may not work. Any advice on how to get round this short of removing the harddrive and redoing it on another pc, which I have done before.

crjdriver

One other item. You do need to check the mfg's site for xp drivers. If they do not list any, you are wasting your time.

If your netbook came with XP on the recovery partition, then restoring the recovery partition image should give you XP back.

Not sure how "registering" Windows online gave you a Windows upgrade...

Steve Murray

I don't think registering was the right term. All I did waas enter the serial on the sticker on the back of the unit on the microsoft website and hey presto XP was replaced by Win7. Worst move I could have made I tjink.

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
I don't think registering was the right term. All I did waas enter the serial on the sticker on the back of the unit on the microsoft website and hey presto XP was replaced by Win7.
I think that the right term is "voodoo" or maybe "hallucination." :)

According to this site that netbook comes with Windows 7 Starter pre-installed. And they only have drivers for Windows 7 32-bit.

What am I missing or misunderstanding?

First Name
SUE
If it doesnt have xp drivers its going to be futile to try to find them.Im lost too. Ive never heard of registering a computer and have it magically change operating systems and ive registered a lot of new and used ones over the years.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online