1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7: Too "plain" of an operating system compared to Mac?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by NuttyBar, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NuttyBar

NuttyBar Banned Thread Starter

I would like to lay out some of my opinions here on Windows 7:

1.I think the operating system's design is pretty lackluster. The features aren't too advanced from previous versions of Windows, and it gives a "plain" kind of feel when using the system.

2.After 14 years since Windows 98, the best loading animation logo Windows 7 can use is a little waving flag?

3.Why do the taskbar icons ALWAYS HAVE TO be on the left of application tabs?

4.Why is Windows 7's help documentation so poor, under-written, and out of date?

5.Still always comes with crappy, low-quality pre-installed software.

These are just five poorly written reasons in this spur of the moment(I'm sick right now)that I can come up with.

Question is: Will Windows 8 satisfy me? Possibly others who agree as well?

Please share your thoughts.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

1. Vista has huge advances from previous Windows versions. Windows 7 mostly fixes Vista's problems and annoyances.

2. Two words: who cares? :rolleyes:

3. I have no idea what "application tabs" are.

4. Probably because so few of their customers even look at the documentation that does exist. Not to make excuses for Microsoft but producing good user guides and the like is tremendously difficult; there are few good technical writers, and software designers and developers are almost universally adverse to documenting their products. So even when a good tech writer tries to produce a manual it's almost impossible to get the engineers to review the drafts.

5. IE is not exactly pre-installed; worse, it is integrated into the design. With Windows 7 they temporarily stopped including an email client. Windows Defender is pretty much a joke in Vista and Windows 7, but appears to be good in Windows 8. I think that a lot of people expect a lot of the other stuff, such as Media Player, a photo viewer, a simple text processor and drawing tool, etc. They perform OK, and those of us who want better can buy other products and even find some pretty good free ones.

Four words: No, and who cares. :rolleyes: :p :D

3. Lance1

Lance1

So it seams that you don't know windows at all! Being from planet MAC . "lackluster" You obviously don't know how to manipulate Windows to do what you want! "previous versions of Windows" Win7 is beyond it's predecessors in pretty much all aspects.

From the words of a respected member! "who cares" Your griping about a boot screen? Run a new one!

Whats an application tab?

Who reads the help documentation in Windows any more... That is why people come to sites like this! So we can find solutions as a community. Yes, it is poor... But as was said.. "who cares!"

Well! That is not from the Windows OS itself, but the OEM that provides the machine! HP, DELL and the like. That would be called "Kick Back" for the OEM.

4. black-wolf

black-wolf

Don't know why I read this.
    "NuttyBar" appropriate.

5. Lance1

Lance1

Well and said...

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

I think I'll now don my mod's hat and close this. I tried to give the initial post more respect than it really deserves for a technical forum, but I'm afraid it may degrade considerably and I'd hate to have to give everybody (including myself!) a warning or infraction. :) A thread like this may be appropriate for the Controversial Topics or Randumb Discussion forum.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060058