1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Ultimate activation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by idreams, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idreams

idreams Thread Starter

Apr 5, 2011
    when I tried to activate my windows 7 ultimate with the product key the following error occurred... Code: 0*C004F063 / Description: The software licensing service reported that the computer BIOS is missing a required license.

What can I do now?

If the solution is update BIOS then please tell me in detail how to update BIOS? Where do I find it? How do I install it?

Some info about my computer:
    Flora PC Notebook
    Pentiam (R) Dual Core CPU T 4500 @ 2.3GHz 2.3GHz
    RAM 2GB
    32 bit OS

BIOS Version Phoenix Technologies LTD 1.00.05 18-05-10

Looking forward to hear from you. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Courtneyc

Dec 6, 2003
    It means you will have to activate by phone. (Hopefully, you have a legal version.)

Basically, you will have to generate a new product key, then call Microsoft Support at 866-740-1256. You will then have to type or say that product key, a group of six numbers at a time. If the automated system can't activate your key, you will get a live tech. Explain to them what is going on, and they will give you a new key.

WRITE IT DOWN!. It will be the key you will use the next time you activate Windows (for a reinstall, for example).
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/989919