1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FrankSinatra, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FrankSinatra

FrankSinatra Thread Starter

I have Windows 7 Pro installed, but recently purchased Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade edition. I would like to "upgrade" to Ultimate without loosing any of my data/programs/anything so I can use Ultimate's features.

When I try to put the disk in at boot, it tells me to start the install in the booted Windows 7 pro. But when I do this, it tells me to use Windows anytime upgrade! :mad:

I paid $219. I want it now. I don't want to buy another "simple" anytime upgrade serial. Help!

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. Nick80

Nick80

Just a suggestion but it should work.
    Go to
    Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Antime Upgrade.

then there is a prompt to enter upgrade key.

Hope this works for ya.

4. FrankSinatra

I know, I then start it in the OS, and it tells me to use Windows Anytime Upgrade. But hte serial is a Ultimate serial, not a friggin Anytime Serial, and it forces me to purchase ANOTHER serial via Anytime Upgrade. :(

HELP!

Attached Files:

5. FrankSinatra

The serial from Ultimate does not work with this. I did double check the email serial.

Still no avail.

HAAAEEELLLPPPPPPP

6. Brucew0619

Brucew0619

Write an E-mail and ask microsoft pay your money back!

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Your best hope, I think, is to call Microsoft, explain your mistake, and see if they can trade you an Anytime Update Product Key for your purchased Product Key. Anybody who would pay $219 for Ultimate when they already have Pro is a customer that Microsoft should try to satisfy. :)

8. FrankSinatra

Call MS... lmao. What a waste, last time I called, I wasted a half hour for nothing because their illfated keyboards have 90 day warranties.

Anywho, I already tried emailing them, unfortunately they force you to do the "FAQ" hoop jump on their webpage before giving you an email address. If you're interested in the likely auto-response MS gave, here it is:

When I asked if it could be forwarded to Microsoft, I got an email bounce back because it was a no reply email.

9. FrankSinatra

Any thoughts?

10. FrankSinatra

11. Cricketmon

Cricketmon

Did you call the Microsoft Technical Support Team...It seems they gave you the number...and it is good even on weekends....

12. Elvandil

Elvandil

You were qualified for a reduced price upgrade. You bought the full retail. You wasted quite a bit of money.

If your retail serial does not work in the Anytime option, then you either have to upgrade from your new DVD or return the new version and buy an Anytime upgrade.

If you can't install from your new DVD, then you need either to return the new one any buy Anytime, or call Microsoft and see if they will transfer it for you (and you will still be out the money).

It is almost a syllogism. The options are clear and limited. Pick one.

13. FrankSinatra

How do I go about the reduced price upgrade?

I finally figured out how to email them on their website. Obviously they make it impossible.

Anyways, I'll suggest to customer service for me to return my upgrade and do an anytime upgrade. On the other hand, I'm not sure how reliable anytime upgrade is... I probably cant boot from that.

14. interloper007

interloper007 Banned

15. FrankSinatra

I emailed microsoft. Still no friggin response. I love Win7, but really, stop being so freakin cheap on support! And for such a profitable company! :mad:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974681

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice