1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Ultimate - Windows color/theme won't change

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Mechanics, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mechanics

Mechanics Thread Starter

There was a popup as I was playing BF3 and it said that due to the power I was taking Windows would automatically change the color to save power or something stupid. Now it is permanently the settings from when it occurred and didn't revert like normal. It looks like this now:

[​IMG]

The background changes though, and all the Aero effects work but the only thing that doesn't change is the color of the taskbar and Windows border. This is really starting to aggravate me because it is bogging some processes down and it is seriously ugly.

2. Wisenatcho

Wisenatcho

Hi, it might be worth going into Control Panel > System and security > System
    then selecting the "System protection" option on the left.
    Go to the "Advanced" tab and and click on "settings" button under preformance.
    See if anything listed there is unticked that should be or maybe change the radio box selected.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

In the future, please reduce the size of pictures before posting. They don't need to be that big.

4. Mechanics

Mechanics Thread Starter

Did not change anything, wisenatcho. The color and theme is still Windows basic.

Elvandil, I thought the image would auto resize, which it did, but in the future I will resize it with paint before uploading. Thanks for the heads up.

Any other solutions?

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

You have restarted, right? If not, that is my suggestion.

6. Mechanics

Mechanics Thread Starter

Tried to restart, did nothing.

7. Mechanics

Mechanics Thread Starter

8. Crazy10

Crazy10

Seems to me, oddly enough you're using the Windows 7 Basic theme. Try reverting to the Windows 7 theme titled 'Windows 7'.

9. Mechanics

Mechanics Thread Starter

I can change from theme to theme and it remains the same.

I think the issue is with my graphics card. When playing BF3 it said something about the power consumption and changed it so I would have better performance. Well now this is restricting my admin uses and I can't download programs like iTunes anymore.

Please help.

10. Mechanics

Mechanics Thread Starter

11. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Try refreshing the Windows Experience Index if you haven't yet. If that doesn't work, uninstall the graphics for a boot cycle, reinstall and run the WEI again. I don't know what power consumption might have to do with anything but certainly check your power options and see what they are set to; optimized for performance is probably what you want.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1052771