Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 7 Update problems

1K views 18 replies 2 participants last post by  dmccoy 
#1 ·
Hi,

Thanks, this is the final Windows 7 computer. I have run Avast remover, FS Fix & Run SURT tool.
I will attach those files tomorrow.

#2 ·
Okay I will help once I receive the files.

#4 ·
I will hel0 in just a little while.

#5 ·
Wow that is a lot of errors. Did you follow all the same steps in removing Avast as last time?

#7 ·
I think I this should get them all.

Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good.
  1. Download SFCFix.exe (by niemiro) and save this to your Desktop.
  2. Download the file below, SFCFix.zip, and save this to your Desktop. Ensure that this file is named SFCFix.zip - do not rename it.
  3. Save any open documents and close all open windows.
  4. On your Desktop, you should see two files: SFCFix.exe and SFCFix.zip.
  5. Drag the file SFCFix.zip onto the file SFCFix.exe and release it.
  6. SFCFix will now process the script.
  7. Upon completion, a file should be created on your Desktop: SFCFix.txt.
  8. Upload the SFCFix.txt for review
Download and Run the SURT tool
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20858
Upload the Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log

Attachments

#9 ·
Sure, you are welcome.

#11 ·
Everything looks good!

#13 ·
Which update are you trying to install? Retry the update and then upload the cbs log as follows. I will look at it tomorrow and let you know next steps.

On Windows 8 and Windows 10, press the Windows key, type This PC, and press Enter.
On Windows Vista and Windows 7, click the Start button then click Computer.
Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
Find and double click on the Logs folder.
Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created on your desktop.
Upload the cbs.zip file. If it is to large then share over a file sharing site such as Dropbox, google drive, etc

#15 ·
Also upload the following log

C:\Windows\Inf\setupapi.dev.log

#17 ·
I have not been feeling well the last couple days I will try to look at it later today if I start feeling better. Thank you for your patience.

#19 ·
Okay I looked at your logs and it seems to be failing due to a logitech driver. Try the following options.

Step 1:
Perform a clean boot as follows and then try updating again.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Step 2: If step 1 does not work.
Open Task Manager
Go to the Startup tab and find LogiDA
Right click on LogiDA and click on Disable
Try the update

If it fails again supply the same logs as last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.