1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 updates prevent internet access

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by picunurse, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. picunurse

picunurse Thread Starter

Each day i try to go on the internet but I have to use a restore point prior to January 24, 2011 in order for my computer to go online. If I allow the newer Microsoft updates, my computer tells me that I have a connection problem and cannot connect. I am connected with a Netgear ethernet switch. Has anyone else had this?

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Maybe you also need to update your network adapter driver?

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What is your Netgear switch connected to?

Who is your internet provider?

4. flagtrax

flagtrax

Many updates from MS are indeed drivers. I believe we've all had a problem or two with them Try doing a selective install of updates; look at them before you install if any are indeed drivers don't install them and see what happens.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice