1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 updates

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bjhasit, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bjhasit

Bjhasit Thread Starter

I can't seem to get my windows updates, When I try I get closed down from the updates, I seem to missing several things from the windows 7, And my registry has problems also

2. valis

valis Moderator

howdy and welcome, what error are you getting from the update service?

3. Bjhasit

Bjhasit Thread Starter

I am missing NVIDIA n force Networking control, Realtek High definition audio, NVIDIA n force serial ATA control, Office jet G510-m Dot 4USB,NVIDIA n force PCI System Manager, USB mass storage Device it says. I am not sure where to get them or load them

4. valis

valis Moderator

where are you saying you are missing those? Those sound like drivers, not updates.

5. Bjhasit

Bjhasit Thread Starter

They are drivers and it says there all out dated and it says I need to update windows 7

6. valis

valis Moderator

okay, where is it saying you need to update windows 7?

For drivers, click start > run > sysdm.cpl > hardware tab > device manager > check for yellow triangles. Those are the drivers you need. When you find a yellow triangle, check out the hardware ID's on the driver details tab; it should look like PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DF&SUBSYS_01681028&REV_02.

The VEN_ is the vendor ID, the DEV_ is the device id; enter both of them at http://pcidatabase.com/. That will give you the details you need to track down the driver. Don't hesitate to post back here; it's a lot to swallow at once.

7. Bjhasit

Bjhasit Thread Starter

Thanks yes it a lot

8. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If that's a factory-brand computer, advise us what brand name and model name and model number it is.

If that's a home-made computer, advise us what brand name and model number its motherboard is.

----------------------------------------------------------

Have you installed Windows 7 or Windows 7 SP1?

Is it Home Premium or Professional or Ultimate?

Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

----------------------------------------------------------

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice