1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 updates

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rbuck, Feb 9, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. rbuck

rbuck Thread Starter

I use win 7 with SP 1 & 2 All is well I use Norton security latest edition and scan frequently I keep getting large numbers of suggested updates fro Microsoft Windows. I tend to just not update! Is this a good idea? Do the updates replace each other? IE. does the newest replace an earlier update?
    Thanks,
    Rbuck

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

There is no SP2 for Win 7.

That depends on which updates you are excluding. Can you give some examples?

Again, that depends. In some instances, vulnerabilities are discovered and updates will patch them. So, in essence, that's a form of replacement.

Yes, although oftentimes you can roll back to previous versions. At this juncture, however, Microsoft are no longer providing security updates or technical support for any versions of Internet Explorer prior to IE11 (see here).

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Do the following in that computer so we have an idea of its description and operating system:

Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) file.
    After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
    Information about your computer will appear.
    Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185087