1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 usb transfer makes .mp4 file stop working?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by cyclonis, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyclonis

cyclonis Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I am attempting to simply copy mp4 files from my laptop/PC to my generic usb mass storage device I recently bought. I have a Sandisk Cruzer blade that works no problem. I bought a new 512gb usb disk from amazon because I wanted to be able to fit more VR videos to play on ps4's VR cinema app Littlstar. When I copy the mp4 files to the mass storage device they lose the picture of the file and just become the icon and no longer play even after they have fully transferred and the size is exactly the same as the original file.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. kenbok51

kenbok51

What format did the new device come as? Fat32 or NTFS? Fat32 has a 4gig size limit, NTFS does not.

3. cyclonis

cyclonis Thread Starter

The new device came as exfat I believe. 499GB

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1199882

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice