1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 vs Lexmark x4650 driver, printer keeps canceling job, many other issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by holongonzo, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. holongonzo

holongonzo Thread Starter

Hello!

I recently switched from vista32bit to win7 32bit and the lexmark x4650 started not working. first of all win7 is unable to recognize the specific driver which i made a workaround with lexmark universal drive system install package...now the printer is set to be default, recognized and should be working...except its not. when i try to print, it sends the job but then i see the printers screen say "cancelling"...no sign of this on my laptop though...i have utterly no idea what this is, what is causing it, and why?

please, any help would be appreciated, i'm getting pretty worked up on this one, never encountered such a problem, and i have not found any other thread on any forum with this specific problem, altough there are plenty of win7 vs lexmark product issues

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
  3. holongonzo

ohh why haven't i though of that...USELESS

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    With an attitude like that you may not receive much help and your stay here might not be very long. You need to use the correct or compatible drivers for that model of the printer

5. holongonzo

pointing out the obvious is not helping

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You would be surprised by the number of users who do not do what seems obvious to others, and since you did not list an Experience level in your user profile we have no way of knowing that.

Lexmark does specific drivers for that model under Windows 7, you shouldn't need to use any universal drivers which may not work. Lexmark also recommends disconnecting and uninstalling the Lexmark drivers prior to upgrading the operating system.

Lexmark does provide a utility to remove certain inkjet drivers and that utility may work for you as well, here's a direct link to it: http://swdownloads.lexmark.com/Patches/Cleanup/CleanupUtility.exe
    Use the normal Lexmark uninstaller from the Start Menu first to remove the software, and verify that no other exist in Programs and Features in the Control Panel before running this utility. Also make sure the printer is disconnected before doing any of these steps.

Then here's the link the official X4650 drivers on the Lexmark site, don't use the CD:
    http://support.lexmark.com/index?se...de=LEXMARK_X4650&page=product&frompage=null#2

7. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Between my years of work experience and several years of trying to help others on these type of forums, you learn one thing very quickly, don't assume anything. You didn't mention having done either of those in the OP. You also stated you altered universal drivers, which seems like trouble anyway, especially when the manufacturer provides drivers for your OS.

Good luck.

8. holongonzo

I am sorry. i was really frustrated and could not help it, it was wrong of me to take it out on you, i hope you can forgive me.

9. holongonzo

doesnt let me select version of OS

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Which browser are you using? The Lexmark page does not appear to be Google Chrome friendly, try Internet Explorer as that's what I ended up having to use to get it to load.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082997

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice