Windows 7 will not work correctly outside of Safe Mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AntikasKarios

When I boot the computer will sometimes freeze and stutter and it will always fail to open anything at all from Firefox to even just Notepad and such. From googling around and checking it out myself most answers point to Malware but I have tried a multitide of Scans and fixes suggested to me and none have managed to fix the problem at all, I'm beginning to think perhaps Malware is not the cause of the issue at all, I really have no idea. Booting in Safe Mode with networking has allowed me to come here and ask for help just fine. Does anyone know what could be causing the issue and what I could do to find and fix the problem?

I'll ask that this be moved over to the Malware Removal thread, and someone with a yellow or blue shield will provide further instructions...

AntikasKarios

That's fine if you think Malware is definitely the issue, I posted it here, because I really have no idea if it's Malware or not, but I'm reasonably confident that it is Windows 7.

The malware team is good, they will be able to figure out what's causing the issue and walk you through the steps to detect and repair everything. :)

I'll put in another request to move this as it is still here. The scans below should identify any Malware present and also show us if there are any other problems causing your performance issues. Don't worry if you can't get these to run in Normal Mode, Safe Mode will be fine. Take one scan at a time, post the log, and then run the next one.

Please run these four scans and post the logs:

SCAN 1
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Do not get tempted to download Regclean Pro.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes another log (Addition.txt). Please also copy and paste that into your reply.

SCAN 2
Click on this link to download : ADWCleaner and save it to your desktop.

NOTE: If using Internet Explorer and you get an alert that stops the program downloading click on Tools > Smartscreen Filter > Turn off Smartscreen Filter then click on OK in the box that opens. Then click on the link again.

Close your browser and click on this icon on your desktop:

You will then see the screen below, click on the Delete button (as indicated), accept any prompts that appear and allow it to reboot the PC. When the PC has rebooted you will be presented with the report, copy & paste it into your next post. If the log does not appear you should find it on your C: drive, using Windows Explorer, as ADWCleaner[S1].

SCAN 3
Download RogueKiller (by tigzy) and save direct to your Desktop.
On the web page select the 32bit or 64bit button to match the bit rate of your version of Windows.

• Quit all running programs.
  • Start RogueKiller.exe by double clicking on the icon.
  • Wait until Prescan has finished.
  • Ensure all boxes are ticked under "Report" tab.
  • Click on Scan.
  • Click on Report when complete. Copy/paste the contents of the report and paste into your next reply.
  • NOTE: DO NOT attempt to remove anything that the scan detects.

SCAN 4
Please download RKill
There are three buttons to choose from with different names on, select the first one and save it to your desktop.

• Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • A log pops up at the end of the run. This log file is located at C:\rkill.log. Please post this in your next reply.
  • If you do not see the black box flash on the screen delete the icon from the desktop and go back to the link for the download, select the next button and try to run the tool again, continue to repeat this process using the remaining buttons until the tool runs. You will find further links if you scroll down the page with other names, try them one at a time.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.

DO NOT reboot, run Malwarebytes, let it update and run a full scan. Select everything it finds for deletion and post the resulting log. If it finds nothing, post that log instead.

You can download Malwarebytes from here if you do not have it: Malwarebytes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online