1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 wireless "No internet access" (However I am connected!)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by DaSalmon, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaSalmon

DaSalmon Thread Starter

When I connect my new Windows 7 computer to my linksys router it sometimes gives me "No internet access" under IPv4 connectivity. It still states I am getting 54mpbs, and I know I can connect to it almost anytime and actually get internet. It does this at complete random. Every other one of my computers does not have this problem, even my old laptop. (This is the only computer running Windows 7 btw) The others are XP and Vista.

I have found a sort-of solution in that if I disable my Hi-Gain Hawkin dish under device manager, and let it install itself it may randomly work. Once it works your good until you shut the computer off.

Also sometimes I only get 12Mpbs, or 18Mpbs. Not sure why it changes randomly. Usually I get 54Mpbs though. I've tried looking this up online, and it seems to be a very common problem with, and almost always involves windows 7. I still don't have a solid solution though, or gotten to the root of what is causing this. I'd like to solve this problem so I can go back to not have to toying with my wireless everytime the computer boots up!

Here is some info on my computer:
    Windows 7
    Acer - Model: Aspire MN3300
    AMD Phenom II X4 810 Processor 2.60 GHz
    6.00 RAM
    64-bit Operating System

Other stuff:
    -The router is a Linksys G router.
    -I connect to it with a Hawking Hi-Gain USB Wireless-N Dish Adaptor.
    -They are on different floors, but they aren't very far apart.
    -According to the Hawking Dish The signal strength is around 40% consisitently, and the link strength is 100% consistently.

2. Electron2418

Electron2418

Hi, I am thinking so this could be problem with you Hawking Hi-Gain USB adapter. Try to move your computer next to your linksys router and check If you get problems with connectivity. If you would have connectivity issues after that change your Hawking Hi-Gain USB adapter so you can get better signal.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice